Wednesday, August 30, 2006

overhear this!

what a great idea this was.

i wish i had thought of it when i lived in new york. i remember hearing some of the funniest things, most certainly taken out of context, but still.

i wish i could remember some of the things i heard, or even some of the things i said.

i talked to myself all the time when i was walking across central park south towards work in the morning. sometimes giggling to myself or laughing out loud at something funny i would say. i think the longer you live in new york, the more you become that "crazy guy who talks to himself".

so much time is spent walking around and riding the subway that you eventually start to make up a conversation with yourself. i still talk to myself, just not like i did when i was in new york.

this morning in the shower i was discussing something with myself and my wife spoke up from the other room, "stop talking to yourself weirdo".

i'm not the only one right?

then someone started this blog here in portland.

i'll be keeping my ears open for some funny stuff around town, but most likely it'll be something i say...to myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toddy said...

Oh, sweet, I was hoping to get to this page and read this post AGAIN.

dnoyk: the sound of a forehead hitting solid wood

12:41 PM  
Blogger Toddy said...

Vous etes un LIAR.
I thought you said you were posting something new!

All I want is a little Benji.
Is that so wrong?
By the by, Casson is heading in your general direction.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey call me some time 814 573 7190........hisssssssssssss

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home