Tuesday, September 27, 2005

she's having a baby

my wife is now 4 weeks from d-day and is ready to try anything to induce. she wants this baby out NOW!

Skyla: They said the baby would sleep for most of the day. They lied to me. I hate them.

not knowing who "they" were, i just agreed.

Me: Me too!

she's been looking online for ways to speed up the evacuation. "castor oil" is now thrown loosely around the house (we would say it sparingly before).

she's over being scared of labor. in fact, i'd even say she's looking forward to it, as long as this whole ordeal is over. she has reached the stage of pregnancy when all she can think about is finally giving birth.

that's not to say that she hasn't enjoyed her pregnancy so far, but she didn't exactly welcome Mr. Morning Sickness with a ticker tape parade. but he didn't stay long and soon enough she was in love with her body, her belly and her ability to create life.

and as a totally unbaised observer, i have to say she is downright gorgeous.

it's this last stage, these last few weeks, that is so frustrating. she can't sleep for more than 1 to 2 hours at a time. she can't find a comfortable position for more than 15 minutes. she works full time. she has trouble sitting down and getting up. she pees like a bajillion times a day. she has to put up with me (St. Skyla anyone?).

she told me that it feels like "carrying a sack of potatoes only you can't put them down and they smush your organs and steal your air".

yet when the baby moves her face lights up(if it hasn't kung fu'd her in the ribs), always reaching out for my hand, wanting me to feel only a small part of what she feels. wanting to share with me as we guess what part of our baby we are touching.

i guess it's the little things that make the big things (belly included) worth it. i know she would agree, but um..mom? you're a nurse, could you tell us how to induce? please!?

6 Comments:

Blogger Toddy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:02 PM  
Blogger benji said...

thanks tod, that really speaks to me...

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I can't give you any methods to hurry the baby along that you haven't already heard. I am glad to hear that you are both doing well. It's exciting to know that soon you two will have a baby! I can't wait to see mommy, daddy, and baby clown this holiday season. You will have grown up a lot by then. I am sure of it!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Toddy said...

Enough about Benji and that crazy baby thingy.
Lets talk about me.

(Is this getting any funnier? I can't tell.)

5:20 PM  
Blogger benji said...

(yes, you're still funny!)

8:21 AM  
Blogger scs said...

Poor Skyla. I can't imagine that sack of potatoes thing. Hang in there girl!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home